Slow release carbs and high protein meal to help refuel the right way after exercise.
Cook time: 25 mins
Per serving: kcal: 214, Carbs: 18g, Protein: 19g, Fats: 7g
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 450g boneless chicken thighs, chopped
- 70g sliced mushrooms
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1ltr chicken stock
- 240ml water
- 130g quinoa
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the onion and carrots, cook for 6 mins stirring often.
- Add the mushrooms, chicken, celery and garlic. Cook for 5 mins while stirring often.
- Add the stock, water and quinoa and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 mins, until the quinoa is tender. Serve and top with parsley.