Tortilla pizza’s make a great low calorie alternative to your favourite pizza.. a thinner base and less cheese sounds good!
They’re quick, easy and great for the whole family.
Get your kids involved, prepare a selection of toppings and allow them to choose toppings and assemble their own pizza.
You can use either chopped tomatoes or tomato puree, and any grated cheese of your choice. You’ll also need oil, salt and pepper.
- Butternut squash (shaved into ribbons), goats cheese and green pesto.
- Mushroom, caramelised onion and rocket.
- Roasted red and yellow peppers (from a jar is fine, drained), rocket, basil and balsamic vinegar
- Anything you want, for ingredients requiring a longer cook time, you may want to part pre-cook.
- Turn the oven ideally as high as it will go, making sure two shelves are in place – about 240C/220C Fan/Gas 8.
- Spray a bit of oil on two large baking trays and put two tortillas on each.
- Prepare the tortillas by spraying a little more on top of the tortillas.
- Add chopped tomatoes or tomato puree across the tortilla leaving a 1.5 cm edge.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese of your choice
- Assemble your toppings (you can keep any fresh leaf toppings back to the add at the end to prevent wilting)
- Pop trays into the oven to bake for about 4-6 minutes (depending on how hot your oven is), or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are crisp and golden-brown on their edges. If using two baking trays to cook 4 tortilla pizzas – swap the trays around on the shelves half way through for even cooking.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and slide onto serving plates.
- Top with any fresh leaf ingredients like rocket or basil (if using) and season with a little scattering of salt and pepper and chilli flakes (if using).
- Finally, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and some extra virgin olive oil, if you fancy it.
Spice things up.. Sprinkle chilli flakes over the top.
Add a little extra flavour.. Try rubbing a clove of garlic (open the side of the clove to rub) all over the tortillas.
Want to try something out there.. Try strawberry, basil and balsamic vinegar! Season with black pepper, no salt.